1. Any item claiming to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent an illness or condition (whether via a device, app, book, nutritional supplement, or other means).
2. Contests, coupons, gambling, and raffles.
3. Energy food and drinks.
4. Offensive material (e.g., hate speech, encouraging violence against others, etc).
5. Offering a genetically modified organism as a reward.
6. Live animals. Projects cannot include live animals as a reward.
7. Offering alcohol as a reward.
8. Offering financial, money-processing, or credit services; financial intermediaries or cash-equivalent instruments; travel services (e.g., vacation packages); phone services (e.g., prepaid phone services); and business marketing services.
9. Pornographic material.
10. Projects that promote discrimination, bigotry, or intolerance towards marginalized groups
11. Projects that share things that already exist, or repackage a previously-created product, without adding anything new or aiming to iterate on the idea in any way.
12. Resale. All rewards must have been produced or designed by the project or one of its creators — no reselling things from elsewhere.
13. Drugs, nicotine, tobacco, vaporizers and related paraphernalia.
14. Weapons, replicas of weapons, and weapon accessories.
If your project involves something illegal, heavily regulated, or potentially dangerous for backers and it is not on this list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org